500ml Bottle of ready to pour sterile agar.
Makes 20x Standard 90mm plates (25ml per petri dish).
Pre-sterilised, just re-melt in boiling water, and then pour!
Our ready to pour bottles are made to order to ensure your agar is fresh, sterile, and of the highest quality.
We are pleased to offer in a range of colours:
- MEA (Malt Extract Agar)
- MYA (Malt Extract Yeast Agar)
- PDA (Potato Dextrose Agar)
- PDYA (Potato Dextrose Yeast Agar)
- Carbon PDYA (Activated Carbon Potato Dextrose Yeast Agar)
- Remove security film around cap.
- Loosen cap slightly, but do not remove.
- Stand upright in a vessel of boiling water.
- Boil until contents reliquify – this may take 30-45 minutes.
- Do not heat for longer than necessary, or media quality will suffer.
- Swirl contents occasionally to ensure full melting and to redistribute any sediment.
- Once entirely liquid, move to aseptic area.
- Allow to cool to approx. 50˚c.
- Clean bottle with 70% alcohol prior to uncapping.
- Pour into culture vessels of choice.
- Makes 20x 90mm petri dishes @ 25ml per plate.
Bottle is made of Polypropylene (5) and is reusable and widely recycled.