Pre-Mixed Agar Powder, in individual resealable sachets. Perfect for general mycology culture work.
Our resealable Pre-Mix Agar sachets make 500ml of agar mixture – enough for 20 plates (90mm). Just add sachet to 500ml hot water, mix, and sterilise.
Quick and convenient! Spend less time staring at scales, and more time on the mycology
- MEA (Malt Extract Agar)
- MYA (Malt Extract Yeast Agar)
- PDA (Potato Dextrose Agar)
- PDYA (Potato Dextrose Yeast Agar)
For Best Results:
- Boil 500ml water.
- Keep stirring water and sprinkle the pre-mix powder gradually into the water.
- Allow the powder on the surface to dissolve before adding more.
- Keeping the mixture moving whilst adding the powder will help to prevent clumping.
- Mix until fully dissolved.
- Add to your vessel of choice, sterilise, and pour!
1 Sachet makes 500ml agar – enough for 20 plates.
For smaller quantities, divide the powder up accordingly:
- For 10 plates, use 1/2 sachet to 250ml water
- For 5 plates, use 1/4 sachet to 125ml water